14 Oct 2012

Inferius Torment - Ceremony of Godslaying [Full length] (2012, World Terror Committee)



First impressions have always been important to me when I listen to a band. While some albums or bands grow on me with time some never really do anything for me, and I will almost always be more inticed to further listening if the first impression is great. With Inferius Torment I was expecting boring text book black metal. After all, with a name like that it's bound to be one big cliché, right? Well, sort of. There's nothing new under the sun regarding the songwriting on Ceremony of Godslaying, but then again it's probably some of the best blastbeat based black metal I've heard in recent years.

Ceremony of Godslaying is the Russian band's second full length effort. I find that the second album from a band is often a watered down version of the first album, but I'm having trouble seeing how this could be watered down from anything. It simply is that solid. It's got great vocals, a crystal clear production, drums that are fast and tighter than a nun and incredibly memorable riffs. In short, everything a black metal album of this type needs. Ceremony of Godslaying from 2012 appeals to me as a fan of Marduk, 1349, Gorgoroth and Dark Funeral and I've found that in regards to songwriting tracks like Diabolical Perversity and Funeral of Christian God fully measure up to classics such as Panzer Division Marduk, My Funeral, Procreating Satan or I Am Abomination.

Inferius Torment never lets their guard down. From start to finish Ceremony of Godslaying is a satanic torrent of blast beats, tremolo riffs and spewing hatred. Their recipe for destruction is simple yet effective, and during the almost 40 minutes that make up this album that recipe never grows stale. 8/10 guitars.




Tracklist:
1. Agnus Dei
2. Evangelical Key
3. Diabolical Perversity
4. Sola Scriptura
5. Archangel Seals
6. Evil Manifestos of Satan
7. Funeral of the Christian God
8. Unbaptized Flames

INFERIUS TORMENT official site
World Terror Committee official site


No comments:

Post a Comment